- How to be be truly present and mindful
- How to generate happiness and joy from within
- How to slow down and 'just be'
- How to relax
- How to concentrate
- How to practise loving speech and deep listening
- How to cultivate kindness and compassion (for others and the self)
Stephen has been practising mindfulness for several years and has successfully completed various training programmes and courses:
- MBSR (immeasurable minds, Belfast)
- MSC (immeasurable minds, Belfast)
- AWARE NI MINDFULNESS PROGRAMME (Belfast)
- MHFA (Aware NI, Belfast)
- TRAINED TO TEACH PAWS B MINDFULNESS PROGRAMME (Mindfulness in Schools Project, Belfast)
- TRAINED TO TEACH .B MINDFULNESS PROGRAMME (Mindfulness in Schools Project, Birmingham)
- TRAINED TO TEACH 'THE KIDS PROGRAMME' (Youth Mindfulness, Glasgow)
- TRAINED TO TEACH THE SOMA PROGRAMME (Youth Mindfulness, Glasgow)
- PROFESSIONAL TRAINING IN THE APPLIED USE OF MINDFULNESS FOR 12-18 YEAR OLDS (Irish Mindfulness Institute, Dublin)
- 'BE MINDFUL' PROGRAMME
- MBSR TEACHER TRAINING (Bangor University, Wales - CMPR)
- WAKE UP SCHOOLS LEVEL I TRAINING (Plum Village, France)
- ‘LIVING WITH PRESENCE’ MINDFULNESS PROGRAMME (Mindfulness Association)
To nourish and cultivate his ongoing, daily personal practice, Stephen regularly attends various mindfulness workshops and retreats. He is a regular guest at Plum Village Mindfulness Practice Centre, France where he experiences mindful living with the monastic community.
He has also attended a mindfulness weekend in New York with Jon Kabat-Zinn (founder of the MBSR programme) and Rhonda Magee.
Stephen is a registered member of the Mindfulness Association.